In the first instance all applicants must submit an expression of interest about their research idea and study summary prior to submitting a full application for NJR data. This short EoI form asks you to establish the correct classification for the research study that is, whether it is an external project (NJR Supported Project) or an internal or collaborative project (NJR Partnership Project) research request.
1: Establish the correct classification for your proposal
Use the guidance notes to establish where your proposal would fit. The link to the document is provided at the DOWNLOADS section of this page.
2: Complete the Expression of Interest form for the review
Please complete and submit the EoI form (below). The NJR Research committee will endeavour to respond to all requests within one month of receipt.
Following approval of an EoI, applicants will be invited to submit a full external or internal research request application. The relevant application form will accompany the invitation from the Research Sub-committee to submit a full application.
3: Take note of the management pathway for applications
Please download and take note of the management pathway followed for research requests. The link to the document is provided at the DOWNLOADS section of this page.
4: Plan your expression of interest to take advantage of submission deadlines for full research applications
Full research project applications are submitted for quarterly review by the Research committee as per the dates listed below:
|| Submission date
|| RC meeting date
|| 14 February 2022
|| 14 March 2022
|| 16 May 2022
|| 13 June 2022
|| 30 August 2022
|| 27 September 2022
|| 14 November 2022|| 12 December 2022
- If you fill in the form on this website, you do not need to send a copy of your EoI form to the NJR by email
- Research requests may be submitted at any time, but we recommend that you submit as far in advance of the deadline as possible
- Applications will be accepted until 5pm on the day of the deadline both on this website and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions received after the deadline will be deferred to the next period
- We aim to give written feedback to applicants within one month of the RC meeting
- Should we require further clarification of the research request, we will be in touch to discuss, and may request your attendance at a future RC meeting